Erasmus+ incoming students are informed that the University of Ioannina will be closed, for the summer vacations, from 31st July till 18th August 2017.
All e-mails of incoming Erasmus+ students will be answered by the International Relations Office after the 21st of August 2017.
International Relations Team
Incoming Erasmus+ students are welcome at the University of Ioannina, under the framework of Erasmus+ signed inter-institutional agreements.
Incoming Erasmus+ students are advised to contact the International Relations Office (E. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, T. +30-26510-07520) for extended information regarding their study period, stay and accommodation at the University of Ioannina.
1st semester: early October / early January
2nd semester: mid February / late May
Please be aware that the Departments may follow a slightly differentiated calendar.
1st semester: last two weeks of January and first two weeks of February
2nd semester: June
Re-sit: September (not for Erasmus+ incoming students, unless otherwise agreed upon with the home University).
- First and last name of the nominee
- Home University and country
- Inter –Institutional Agreement through which the proposed mobility will be realized
- Field of studies
- Mobility scheme (whether studies or traineeship)
- Cycle of studies (whether undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD)
- 1st or 2nd semester 2017/18 (the duration of studies, and thus stay at the UoI, is defined by the academic calendar below)
- Contact information (valid e-mail address, valid tel. number)
UoI shall acknowledge receipt of the nominations, through e-mail. Only the acknowledgment of this official nomination constitutes acceptance of the students. The students will only be accepted once the required condition (English B1 level) is met.
The Erasmus+ or International Relations Office of the student’s home University should e-mail all appropriate documents (duly completed and signed scanned copies of the Learning Agreement and Transcript of Records) to our International Relations Office (at firstname.lastname@example.org) within one month following the acknowledgement/acceptance e-mail:
2. Transcript of Records (only for 1st cycle students), issued by the home University. The Transcript consists basically of a list of the course units taken, the exams passed and the credits gained by the student so far. For 2nd cycle students, a scanned copy of BA or BSc degree along with a Transcript of Recrods recording master level courses passed and credits gained so far (if possible), should be provided. For 3rd cycle students, a scanned copy of the MA or MSc degree, should be provided.
3. Proof of sufficient language skills in the English (or Greek) language (please refer to the language requirements section).
In case the above documents do not reach our International Office within one month (following the acknowledgement/acceptance e-mail), the student’s nomination will no longer be valid.
Level B2 in English, is strongly recommended, particularly for those taking Master level courses (2nd study cycle). Every student’s nomination should be supported by a recognized English certificate. Alternatively, proof of sufficient level of competence in the English language should be submitted.
In any case, before filing their Learning Agreement, students are strongly advised to contact the respective Departmental Coordinator.
Deadlines to apply:
2nd semester: 30th November
The Accommodation Office will make every effort to accommodate Erasmus Students in Student Residence Halls (rooms with en suite bathroom facilities).
Applications are accepted and processed on a first-come first-served basis, until a maximum number of approx. 40 rooms per academic year is reached.
For more information please feel free to contact Mrs Ioanna Fotou (mail to: email@example.com, Tel: +30 26510 09132).
The cost of a single room is 65 euro/month
The cost of a double room is 50 euro/month/person
Upon arrival, a deposit (guarantee) which equals the monthly rate of the room is requested by the student.
All rooms are usually available for Erasmus students
- from 1st October to the first week of February for the 1st semester (or the full academic year depending on the chosen mobility duration)
- from 15th February to the end of June for the 2nd semester
In case of prolongation requests, these will have to be submitted to the accommodation office no later than 1st November, but it is highly unlikely that a room at the Halls of Residence will be offered for prolongation periods, since students nominated for the 2nd semester will have priority.
Private temporary (furnished) accommodation in Ioannina is very scarce, yet assistance may be offered by our International Relations Office, however with no guarantees that prospective Erasmus students may find appropriate housing solutions outside the campus at a reasonable price.
Students may contact the Housing Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss this option, request more information or file an application.
Breakfast served from 07.30 - 09.30
Lunch served from 11.30 - 15.00
Students and staff with disabilities: UoI welcomes students with disabilities. The necessary individual arrangements need to be discussed well in advance (10 months prior to arrival).
All Erasmus students may follow courses in Greek language at the Center for the Study of the Hellenic Language and Culture (free of charge). Applications are submitted upon arrival.
ESN Ioannina: ESN Ioannina is a very active student body and provides help and assistance to all incoming students both prior and during their stay in Ioannina. Nominated students are advised to contact ESN Ioannina the soonest possible at email@example.com.
Other important student services: Students are provided with three meals per day at our Students' Restaurant.
Please visit the following links for a sneak preview of Ioannina:
The University of Ioannina
International & Public Relations Directorate
(Metavatiko Building, 2nd floor)
GR45110 Ioannina, Greece
Tel. +30-26510-07520, +30-26510-7107, +30-26510-07443
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com